At Hedland Eye Care we are passionate about providing the highest standard of eye care. We tailor your eye examination specific to your needs. Whether you work in an office, are on the tools or just need polarised sunnies for a day out on the water, we will ensure that you receive the optimal advice and product suited for you.
We stock high quality spectacle frames, sunglasses, safety glasses and contact lenses. We predominately source our spectacle lenses from an Australian owned laboratory based in Adelaide. As an independent practice, we have the freedom to source spectacle lenses from any company.
We have invested in state of the art refractive, diagnostic and imaging equipment to ensure we remain at the forefront of optometric care. We assess, diagnose, manage and co-manage a host of eye diseases and problems independently and collaboratively with GPs and ophthalmologists.
Assessment of vision, visual function and ocular health
Prescription of an optical appliance or therapeutic medicine
We recommend a comprehensive eye examination every two years
- Specific assessments of eye co-ordination, binocular function, colour vision
- We work collaboratively with families, schools, doctors and other health professionals to provide the highest level of care
MEDICAL REFERRAL AND CO-MANAGEMENT
We work collaboratively with General Practitioners and Ophthalmologists for various conditions including:
- Macula Degeneration
Emergency eye care
- We always have emergency appointments available
Foreign bodies of the eye
- Removal and management
Prescription Safety Glasses/Goggles/Dive Masks
- Supplied with certification
- Fitness to drive for private and commercial licences
- Eyesight certificates for marine applications